Monday, March 2, 2009

Virtuous cleaning

Day 1 of Virtuous Cleaning Series
It has been said that if you want to be a Proverbs 31 Woman, the best thing to do is to read and apply the first 30 chapters of the book to your life.

Proverbs Ch 1 The beginning of Knowledge
I encourage you to read the whole chapter but I will touch on the verse/verses that spoke to me.
"1:7 The fear of the Lord is the BEGINNING of knowledge. But fools despise wisdom and instruction."
The fear of the Lord...I remember hearing this as a child. I didn't really understand it till I re-dedicated my life to Jesus. It is not a fear as in being afraid, as if he will strike you down when you do something wrong, or as if he is just waiting to smack you down when you make a mistake. It's like a great respect and admiration. I think of it as he is our greatest instructor and teacher. For us to ignore his teaching would be foolish, for us to not want to learn from him and to see what he has in store for us would be simply stupid. I do not need to understand everything about God and his ways, but the things he wants me to learn and know...I can't wait to let him teach me!

It goes on to say that wisdom call us (V20) and that those who choose to ignore that call will have consequences (V28).
I pray to that I have a listening ear to this call of wisdom. I am constantly asking for his guidance with my Husband, children and my daily decisions. That I would hear him speak CLEARLY to me and respond the way he wishes.
For this, I need to be in his word DAILY!!!! If not, I am not walking with him and I am not available for him to show me anything.
I hope that you are in his word and have a listening ear to hear his voice.

CHALLENGE:
OK, so Day One of cleaning...let's start with THE CAR!!!!! You thought it would be in the house didn't you?

Here's me pictures!!!! This is after about 2 weeks! Geez!
Yikes!!! I usually have 3 car seats in here, but after pulling them out to vacuum I had to wash the seats to remove whatever sticky stuff was on and under them, gross!

Nice!

And this nice little back of the seat organizer for diapers, books etc. I got this from Target.


Here's a cool little trash bag for the back of your seat for gum wrappers, paper, used tissue, receipts, whatever else. They sell them at Target, I got mine from this GO Westy's site.


Happy Cleaning, don't forget to take Before pictures!!
When you comment I'll go to your blog to see you before and afters.

No comments:

Post a Comment